Lights, camera, action: Create a short film or video at AT&T SHAPE Create-a-thon
Update: Winners Announced
We had over 40 entrants for this Create-a-thon, where finalists were able to film on the set at Warner Bros. Studios during the AT&T SHAPE event. Join us in congratulating the winners:
- Grand Prize ($20,000 for the team) – Team Zombie Slayers for The Deaf vs The Dead – Episode 1: “Outbreak”
- 2nd Place ($10,000 for the team) – Team Phileon Productions for Separation of Church and Livia
- 3rd Place ($5,000 for the team) – Time’s Up Team for Time’s Up
- Best Film Directed by a Woman ($5,000 for the team) – Team MoBo Productions for Sweet Dreams Chris
Watch the films here.
Do you love film or video? Do you have a story to tell? Whether you’re interested in creating videos to share with your online audience or making a short film, we invite you to enter the AT&T SHAPE Create-a-thon. We’re looking for creative thinkers and doers from emerging talent to industry veterans to join us at this unique filmmaking event.
Spend the weekend of July 14-15 producing a portion of your short film on-site at Warner Bros. Studios at the AT&T SHAPE Create-a-thon. We’ll also be awarding cash prizes to the winners, including $20,000 to the winning team*! To get the opportunity to participate, you’ll first have to submit your film or video idea.
We are looking for ideas in all genres that cover short films, narrative shorts, webisodes, and any other short form videos. Follow the instructions below to enter today through June 14, 2017. If your idea and team advance to the next round, you’ll need to flex your creative muscle and include a scene for your short at Warner Bros. Studios.
How to Enter the AT&T Shape Create-a-thon
Space for this special Create-a-thon event is limited, so we want to see the script and storyboard for your film in advance. If you have production planning documents, submit those, too! The more we know about what you want to film, how you want to film it, and how you want to put it together, the better. If your team is invited to film at Warner Bros. Studios during the SHAPE Create-a-thon, you must shoot and include the scene you will film at your assigned studio location and time on July 14th or 15th.
We’ll be judging the scripts on creativity and originality, entertainment value, and project scope. Once we choose those teams, we’ll be judging the final film submission on creativity and originality, entertainment value, characterization, and production value. Here’s what your team could win:
- Grand Prize – $20,000 for the team
- 2nd Place – $10,000 for the team
- 3rd Place – $5,000 for the team
- Best Film Directed by a Woman – $5,000 for the team
Submit your script here for free!
Tips for Successful Script Submission
- Recommended length of the script should be 1-30 pages and use 12-point Courier font to format the document.
- A cover or title page is optional. If you decide to use one, include the film title, author name, and team name.
- As a creative challenge for you and your team, you’ll need to include a scene filmed at Warner Bros. Studios at an assigned location and time. We recommend including any notes or script adaptations in your storyboard that you’ll need to make to meet this requirement.
- Your storyboard should serve as a document that addresses what scenes and shots you need for your film or video.
Important AT&T SHAPE Create-a-thon Dates
The following are a list of the timeline of events related to the AT&T SHAPE Create-a-thon:
- May 10 – June 14: Script and storyboard submissions
- June 23: We’ll notify the teams that are advancing to the next round
- July 14 – 15: Teams film onsite at AT&T SHAPE
- July 16: Film submissions due
The AT&T SHAPE Create-a-thon contest is open to everyone with an interest in film or video. Even if this is your first foray into shooting a short film, video, or the initial episode of a web series, the event is the perfect opportunity to get your creative juices flowing and get an inside look at what it takes to complete a video project in a finite amount of time.
SHAPE is happening July 14 and 15, 2017 in Los Angeles, California, at Warner Bros. Studios.
*No purchase necessary, U.S. resident, age of majority. Enter by 6/14/17. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules.